We are pleased with the feedback the inspection produced – it highlights not only the progress the Academy has made, but also the fact that extensive plans are in place to move the Academy forward.
Some of the key findings and comments are as follows:
The school is not yet good because:
- Students do not make sufficient progress in some subjects.
- There is some low level disruption in some classes.
- Student attendance and punctuality needs to improve.
The school is, however, improving and has some strengths including:
- "The Executive Principal, the Acting Principal and Senior Leaders have an accurate understanding of the Academy's strengths and weaknesses."
- "The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is providing effective support to the Academy's leadership to support the improvements in the quality of teaching and student progress."
- "The arrangements to keep students safe and secure are good."
- "Student's spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is catered for well through a variety of activities across the Academy."
- "Significant strength is emerging in middle leadership, particularly in Mathematics, Design and Technology and the Arts, where achievement is now good."