The Academy aims to provide a high standard of education through which all students can achieve their full potential.
We aim to help students:
- acquire a love of learning through the development of knowledge and skills, and the achievement of qualifications and personal goals;
- develop their confidence, independence and a positive, “Can do” attitude;
- develop their creativity, imagination and pride in their work;
- demonstrate their personal responsibility and the importance of human relationships through understanding, tolerance and respect;
- work in a friendly, caring and supportive environment;
- experience a range of opportunities to support their learning and personal development;
- seek appropriate support and guidance;
- foster and strengthen links between the Academy, home and the community;
- establish and maintain links with the world of work, learning providers and higher education establishments.
We are extremely proud of our Sixth Form and we expect Sixth Form students to uphold the Academy’s ethos in their attitude to study and in their relationships with staff, peers and the younger students around the Academy.